How to Perform Rockspace Extender Setup?
If you are new to the process of Rockspace extender setup, then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we have covered the step-by-step instructions following which you will easily be able to configure a Rock space WiFi extender.
Rockspace Extender Setup via WPS Method
The easiest method to perform Rockspace extender setup is the WiFi-Protected setup method. Take the help of the steps segregated below in order to install a wireless range extender via the WPS method:
- Turn on your Rock space WiFi extender once you are done plugging it into a power socket.
- Locate the WPS method on your Rockspace range extender.
- Once found, carefully press it.
- Now, change the location of your Rockspace WiFi extender.
Congratulations! In this way, you will complete the Rockspace extender setup process by making using of the WPS method.
Rockspace Extender Setup via Re Rockspace.local
In this method, it is quite significant that you access the web user interface of your wireless device. Walk through the steps highlighted by us below and learn how to do Rockspace extender setup via re rockspace.local:
- Connect your Rock space WiFi extender to a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Thereafter, take an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your Rockspace extender and the router using that Ethernet cable.
- If you want, you can also connect your devices using a wireless source.
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser, anyone that you prefer.
- In the address bar of your browser, insert re rockspace.local or http //re.rockspace.local.
- You will get welcomed by the official http //re.rockspace.local login page once you hit Enter.
- When prompted, input the default username and password and click Log In.
- Now, the on-screen prompts need to be followed.
With that, you will be able to perform Rockspace extender setup by simply accessing the re.rockspace.local page.
In case you feel that executing the process is a little difficult, consider taking some help from our technical experts.
Rockspace Extender Setup Using IP Address
At times, http //re.rockspace.local refuses to work during the Rockspace extender setup process. That is why; our experts recommend another way through which you can set up your wireless device. And that is by using the default IP address.
Below we have shed light on the steps following which you can install a Rock space WiFi extender using the default IP address:
- Unwrap your Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Place your extender near your home router.
- Turn on your device once you are done plugging it in a socket.
- Thereafter, establish a connection between your extender and your home router.
- Gain access to a client device and open an internet browser.
- Insert the default IP address instead of http //re.rockspace.local in the address bar.
- Hit Enter.
- Log in to your Rockspace range extender with the help of the default admin details.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once you are on the Rockspace setup wizard, go through on-screen prompts.
Bingo! You are done setting up a Rockspace range extender using the default IP address.
Troubleshooting Rockspace Extender Setup Issues
Many users encounter issues while setting up a Rock space WiFi extender. If you are one of them, then take our advice, and follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below. They will surely be able to help you to get rid of the Rockspace extender setup issues.
a. Reboot Your Rock Space WiFi Extender
The very basic troubleshooting hack that you should implement in order to get rid of the Rockspace extender setup issues is to reboot your Rockspace WiFi extender.
Follow the steps highlighted below to give your wireless device a quick restart:
- Disconnect your Rockspace WiFi extender from the host router.
- Power off your Rock space WiFi extender and remove it from its socket.
- Wait for as much time as you want.
- Plug your Rock space WiFi extender back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Reconnect your Rockspace WiFi extender to the host router.
Now, check whether you have bid adieu to Rockspace extender setup issues. No? Well then, take the help of the below-mentioned fixes.
b. Check the Power Supply
Verify whether your Rock space WiFi extender is receiving an adequate and uninterrupted power supply from the wall outlet that it is plugged into. If it isn’t, then it is because your power outlet is damaged.
Therefore, you have two options: get the wall socket you are currently using repaired or plug your Rockspace WiFi extender into another wall outlet.
c. Verify the Ethernet Connection
The Ethernet cable connecting your Rockspace extender and the host router should not have any major cuts on or in it. Or else, the connection between your devices will become unstable and lead you to further technical issues. Apart from that, make sure that the connection between your devices should not be loose.
d. Use the Correct Web Address
Pay attention to the web address, i.e. re.rockspace.local that you have entered to log in to your Rock space WiFi extender. While doing so, ensure that:
- You have not entered re.rockspace.local in the search bar of the browser.
- There are no typing errors.
- The web address hasn’t been typed incomplete.
If any of these situations is true, consider re-entering the default web address in the address bar of the browser that you have chosen. If you come across the re.rockspace.local not working issue, get in touch with our technical experts. They are available 24/7.
e. Update Your Internet Browser
Whenever you try to access a particular website, it is recommended that you should not use an outdated web browser. Otherwise, you might encounter issues during the process. And chances are that something similar has happened in your case.
Therefore, update whatever internet browser that you are using to the latest version. To do so, all you need to do is, access the Settings menu. Once done, click the Update Browser button. And you are done. Additionally, prefer keeping your chosen browser free of cache, cookies, as well as browsing history.
f. Enter the Correct Login Credentials
In order to successfully complete the Rockspace extender setup process, you need to use the correct username and password. Therefore, by hook or by crook, make sure that you input the correct login credentials when and where required.
If you are not sure about the default admin details of your Rockspace WiFi extender, why not take some help from the manual that came along at the time of purchase. Wouldn’t be of harm isn’t it?
g. Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
During the Rockspace extender setup process, your Rock space WiFi extender should not be kept near:
- Microwave ovens
- Aluminum studs
- Bluetooth speakers
- Fish tanks
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
Apart from this, it is recommended that you prefer to keep your wireless range extender away from concrete walls. Not just that, but your device should also not be kept anywhere near utensils containing a large amount of water.
h. Place Your WiFi Devices in Proximity
Too much distance between your Rock space WiFi extender and the router connecting to it will definitely make it difficult for them to communicate properly. In simple words, transmitting signals for them will become next to impossible.
Therefore, make sure that both your wireless devices are placed close to each other. But, maintain a safe distance between them. Otherwise, their WiFi signals will clash.
If even after following these troubleshooting hacks, you are stuck with Rockspace extender setup issues, it is recommended that you reach out to our technical experts. No matter at what time of the day you contact them, you’ll have our experts ready to assist you.
Re.rockspace.local Not Working?
One of the most common issues that are disturbing the users is the http //re.rockspace.local not working issue. If you are stuck with the same issue, then why are you even waiting? Take the help of the fixes highlighted below. They might be useful for you.
Insert the Correct Web Address
At all costs, you should use the correct web address in the address bar of the web browser that you are using. If you find any typos, consider typing the address again.
Update the Extender’s Firmware
An outdated or corrupted firmware can also force you to face the issue of the http //re.rockspace.local not working issue. Therefore, update the firmware of your Rockspace WiFi extender. Now, you might be wondering how you can update your device if you are struggling with the re.rockspace.local not working issue. We know the answer to this question of yours. To know about it yourself, get in touch with us.
Resetting Your Rockspace Extender
If after your repeated efforts, you are facing the http //re.rockspace.local not working issue, consider the ultimate hack, i.e. factory default reset. Take the help of the hacks outlined below and get to know how to reset or restore your device to the factory default mode:
- Find the Reset button on your Rockspace range device.
- Press it as soon as you locate it.
- Wait for some time.
Done? Cool. Now, perform Rockspace extender setup from scratch. If you still think that fixing this issue is next to impossible, then wait no more, and ping our technicians.